Program Educational Objectives
The 教师 Development Office (FDO) is an academic unit under the Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic
事务. Its main responsibility is to plan, implement and monitor the faculty development programs of the
school/department as well as those of 大学.
大学’s 教师 Development Program is a result of the consolidated faculty development plans of the different
schools and departments. 白菜网大全总站 follows the faculty development framework (Diagram 1) wherein the schools/departments
conduct their own needs analysis which will be used as inputs to their faculty development plan. FDO合并
these plans to come up with the Institutional 教师 Development Programs.
教师 Development Programs
The programs of the 教师 Development Office (FDO) are largely based on the needs analysis done by the deans/chairs of
the different schools. The FDO coordinates with the deans/chairs in order to align the faculty development programs of
大学. The overall goal of FDO is to enhance the teaching ability of faculty members through formal and
非正式教育. This is also in line with the accreditation requirements of the Commission on Higher Education and
other accrediting bodies.
FDO has two major programs namely
- Non - 正规教育
Formulation and Implementation of 教师 Development Program
- Course offerings (changes in the curricula)
- 教师 profile insofar as academic preparation is concerned
- The development plan of the school/department
- The dean or committee chair shall submit to the Executive Vice President for Academic 事务 (EVPAA) thru the FDO,
annual faculty development program of the school/department for evaluation and approval, not later than two weeks
before the start of each academic year.
- The overall faculty development priority needs of 白菜网大全总站 shall be established by the FDO based on the priority needs
defined by the different schools, in line with 大学's development agenda.
- All financial transactions shall be subject to the usual accounting and auditing procedures.
- A yearly program accomplishment and evaluation report shall be submitted by the Deans/Subject Chairs or the
Committee Chairs to EVPAA thru the FDO.